6. Using a suitable lifting device (forklift, jack, etc.) position the driver's-side Blast
Deflector (P/N 106717-1) under the cab and secure the forward end to the bottom
of the lower brush guard frame using three Doubler Plates (P/N 106719-1),
three bolts (0.750 - 10 x 2.500 LG), six flat washers (0.750 ID), three locknuts
(0.750 10). Install the locknuts finger tight at this time.
7. Install the Threaded Plate (P/N 106778-1) into the open end of the fender support
and align it with the previously drilled bolt holes.
8. Install four bolts (1/2 13 x 1.500 LG) and four flat washers (1/2 ID) through the
rear of the driver's-side Blast Deflector and the previously drilled holes in the
fender support and into the Nut Plate (P/N 106778-1) (see Figure 38).
Figure 38. Install the driver's-side front blast deflector (P/N 106717-1).
b. Install the passenger-side Front Blast Deflector, Kit P/N 106706-3.
1. Use the drill template (P/N 107406-1) to locate the four through-hole locations on
the passenger-side fender support behind the cab.
2. Mark and center-punch the four hole locations and then drill four pilot holes
through the bottom surface of the passenger-side fender support (See Figure 37)
using a right-angle drill and a 1/4-in. drill bit.