This work package provides all instructions necessary to operate the PLS AC system.
TO TURN AC ON
1. Start engine (TM 9-2320-364-10).
2. Push in heater cable (1).
Defrost cable can be pushed in or pulled out for AC operation. Airflow to upper louvers will
be increased as defrost cable is pulled out. Airflow to lower louvers will be increased as
defrost cable is pushed in.
3. Push in or pull out AC defrost control cable (2) for desired airflow.
4. Pull out AC cable (3).
AC temperature is controlled by position of temperature control switch. When
temperature control switch is in the O position, the AC compressor is off. The AC
compressor is turned ON, and the temperature entering cab decreases as the
temperature control switch is turned clockwise.
5. Turn temperature control switch (4) clockwise to desired temperature.
6. Turn fan control switch (5) clockwise to desired fan speed.
7. Adjust four louvers (6) to desired airflow.
8. As soon as cool air is flowing from four louvers (6), close cab windows.