AC SYSTEM REFRIGERANT (R-134a) MAINTENANCE - Continued
Use care to prevent refrigerant from touching skin or eyes. Liquid refrigerant, when
exposed to air, quickly evaporates and will freeze skin or eye tissues. Serious
injury or blindness may result if you come in contact with liquid refrigerant.
Refrigerant R-134a air conditioning systems should not be pressure tested or leak
tested with compressed air. Combustible mixtures of air and R-134a may form,
resulting in a fire or explosion, which could cause personnel injury or death.
1. Remove hose (1) and preformed packing (2) from compressor (3). Discard preformed packing (2).
PAG oil must be added to AC system before charging or AC compressor will be
Add same amount of PAG oil in AC system as was noted during recovery, unless AC
system is being charged for the first time. If charging AC system for the first time, add
1 oz. (28 g) of PAG oil into AC system.
2. Pour PAG oil into hose (1).
3. Install hose (1) and preformed packing (2) on compressor (3).
4. Remove cap (4) from service valve (5) on hose (1).
5. Remove cap (6) from service valve (7) on hose (8).