Perform Step (13) if charge did not enter system.
13. Position bulk container (11) in upright position and open low side hand valve (13) to draw vapor into
system. Leave low side hand valve (13) open until correct weight of refrigerant has entered system.
Close low side hand valve (13).
If refrigerant is slow to enter system because of low outside temperatures, vaporization may be quickened
by placing refrigerant in tub of warm water. Temperature should not exceed 125°F (52°C).
14. Disconnect hose (8).
15. Start engine (TM 9-2320-364-10).
16. Open high side and low side hand valves (12) and (13) to recover refrigerant from lines.
17. Check for leaks.
18. Check operation of air conditioning system.
19. Shut engine OFF (TM 9-2320-364-10).