OPERATION - Continued
· Always wear protective gloves when handling winch cable. Never let cable run through
hands. Frayed cables can cut severely. Failure to comply may result in serious injury or
death to personnel.
· Never operate winch with less than five wraps of cable on winch drum. Failure to comply
may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
· Do not move the CBT until the bridge bay has been fully loaded into the water from the
vehicle. Failure to comply may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
Ensure assistant maintains tension on cable.
Position WINCH switch (Figure 8, Item 24) to OUT, and release when cable has been winched out about 8 ft.
(2.4 m). Return hook arm to 6 inches (15 cm).
Set HIGH IDLE switch (Figure 8, Item 20) to OFF position.
Dashboard parking brake indicator will go out when PARKING BRAKE control is released.
Push in PARKING BRAKE control (Figure 9, Item 25).
Figure 9. Brake and Transmission Controls.
Water depth for fording should not exceed 4 ft. (1.2 m). Failure to comply may result in damage
· Place transfer case in low setting prior to backing vehicle into the water.
· If this is an interior bay, perform Step (19). If this is a ramp bay, proceed to Step (20).