Wear safety goggles when performing leakage tests on valves. Failure to do so may result in serious
eye injury due to high pressure air.
If air lines are under high pressure when they are disconnected, they can whip around and cause injury
to personnel. Caution should be exercised when loosening or disconnecting air line fittings.
(1) Disconnect air line 2653 from
(2) Connect a 0 to 160 psi (0 to 1103 kPa)
gage to air line 2653.
(3) Release PARKING BRAKE
(4) Push TRAILER AIR SUPPLY control.
(5) Apply hand brake.
(a) If there are not 125 ±4 psi
(861 ±28 kPa) present at
air line 2653, perform Steps (6),
(7) and (8) below and replace
tractor protection valve
(b) If there are 125 ±4 psi
(861 ±28 kPa) present at air line
2653, refer to trailer
(6) Release hand brake.
(7) Remove gage from air line 2653.
(8) Install air line 2653 on gladhand
TRACTOR PROTECTION VALVE TEST
Operate hand brake (TM 9-2320-364-10).
(1) If trailer service brakes do not
apply, fault not corrected. Notify
(2) If trailer service brakes do apply,
fault has been corrected.