Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Set multimeter select switch to volts
(2) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to wire 1045 at magnetic switch R27.
(3) Connect negative () multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(4) While assistant holds ENGINE
switch in START position
(TM 9-2320-364-10), observe
(a) If 22 to 28 vdc are not present,
turn OFF ENGINE switch and
replace magnetic switch
(b) If 22 to 28 vdc are present,
magnetic switch R27 is OK.
(5) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(6) Install four screws, washers,
lockwashers and DUVAC cover.