(1) Disconnect connector MC59 from fan
(2) Start engine (TM 9-2320-364-10).
(3) Observe fan, it should be operating at
(4) Push in on throttle position switch.
(a) If fan speed does not slow,
perform Steps (5) and (6) below
and go to Para 2-31, Fault 6
(b) If fan speed does slow, perform
Steps (5) and (6) below and notify
(5) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(6) Connect connector MC59 to fan
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags,
bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact
positive electrical circuits a direct short
may result. Damage to equipment, injury or
death to personnel may occur.