(1) Loosen fuel inlet hose at secondary
(2) Attempt to start engine
If fuel does not flow from hose
fitting, turn OFF ENGINE switch,
perform Steps (3) and (4) below
and notify DS Maintenance.
If fuel flows from hose fitting, go
to Step (3) below.
(3) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(4) Tighten inlet fuel fitting.
(5) Remove dust cover from DCA
(6) Connect DCA cable W1 to the
vehicle test meter (VTM) and DCA
(7) Power-up STE/ICE-R VTM in the
DCA mode (TM 9-4910-571-12&P).
(8) Perform confidence Test.
(9) Set STE/ICE-R test select switch
(10) Perform offset test.
(11) Release TEST button.
If 15 to +15 offset is not
displayed, refer to
If 15 to +15 is displayed,
go to Step (12) below.
(12) Press and release TEST button.
(13) Start engine (TM 9-2320-364-10).
If fuel supply pressure is less
than 31 psi (214 kPa), perform
Steps (14) through (16), and
notify DS Maintenance.
If fuel supply pressure is
between 31 psi (214 kPa) and
50 psi (345 kPa), the engine
fuel pump is OK.
(14) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(15) Disconnect DCA cable W1.
(16) Install dust cover on DCA
Fuel is very flammable and can explode easily. To avoid serious injury or death, keep fuel away from
open fire and keep fire extinguisher within easy reach when working with fuel. Do not work on fuel
system when engine is hot. Fuel can be ignited by hot engine.