(1) Disconnect fuel outlet hose from
secondary fuel filter.
(2) Start engine (TM 9-2320-364-10).
If fuel does not flow from
secondary fuel filter, turn OFF
ENGINE switch, and replace
secondary fuel filter (Para 4-13).
If fuel flows from secondary fuel
filter, go to Step (3) below.
(3) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(4) Connect fuel outlet hose to
(5) Remove dust cover from DCA
(6) Connect DCA cable W1 to the
vehicle test meter (VTM) and DCA
(7) Power-up STE/ICE-R VTM in the
DCA mode (TM 9-4910-571-12&P).
(8) Perform a confidence test.
(9) Set test select switch to 26.
(10) Start engine (TM 9-2320-364-10).
(11) Press and release TEST button.
If FAIL is displayed, perform
Steps (12) through (15) below
and replace secondary fuel filter
If PASS is displayed secondary
fuel filter is OK.
(12) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(13) Disconnect DCA cable W1.
(14) Install dust cap on DCA
(15) Install engine access panel, 22
washers, lockwashers and screws.
VISUAL INSPECTION/STE/ICE-R #26
Fuel is very flammable and can explode easily. To avoid serious injury or death, keep fuel away from
open fire and keep fire extinguisher within easy reach when working with fuel. Do not work on fuel
system when engine is hot. Fuel can be ignited by hot engine.