(1) Disconnect connector MC23.
(2) Set multimeter select switch to
(3) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to ether start solenoid harness
connector MC23, terminal A.
(4) Connect negative () multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(5) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(6) Press and hold the ether start switch
while checking for voltage.
(a) If there are not 22 to 28 vdc
present, turn OFF ENGINE
switch, and go to Step 5 of this
(b) If there are 22 to 28 vdc present,
wire 1926 is OK.
(7) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(1) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(2) Is there continuity between solenoid
connector MC23, terminal B and a
known good ground?
(a) If there is no continuity present,
repair wire 1435 ( see schematic
Fig 2-23) or notify DS
(b) If there is continuity present,
replace ether start solenoid
(3) Connect connector MC23 to ether
start solenoid connector.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags,
bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact
positive electrical circuits, a direct short may
result. Damage to equipment, injury or death
to personnel may occur.