(1) Disconnect connector MC56.
(2) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to wire 1036 on harness connector
MC56, terminal A.
(3) Connect negative () multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(4) Turn ON ENGINE switch.
(5) Press ether start switch.
(a) If there are not 22 to 28 vdc
present, turn OFF ENGINE
switch, and repair wire 1036
(see schematic Fig 2-23) or notify
(b) If there are 22 to 28 vdc
present, wire 1036 is OK.
(6) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Remove screw, lockwasher, washer,
and thermostat from engine.
(2) Cool thermostat to less
than 55°F (13°C).
(3) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(4) Is there continuity between wires 1036
at terminals A and B of thermostat
(a) If there is no continuity present,
replace thermostat (Para 4-20).
(b) If there is continuity present,
repair wire 1926 (see schematic
Fig 2-23) or notify DS
Maintenance, and perform Steps
(5) through (7) below.
(5) Install thermostat, washer,
lockwasher and screw.
(6) Apply corrosion preventative
compound on screw.
(7) Install left front skirt (Para 17-34).