(1) Disconnect wire 1431 from battery
(2) Set multimeter select switch to diode
(3) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to terminal A on isolator.
(4) Connect negative () multimeter lead
to terminal 2 on isolator.
(a) If 0.500 to 0.550 vdc are not
present, replace isolator
(b) If 0.500 to 0.550 vdc are present,
go to Step (5) below.
(5) Connect wire 1431 to battery box
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.