(1) Connect sensor wire to ground
(2) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(3) Observe gage needle for reading.
(a) If gage does not have a full
scale deflection, replace gage
(b) If gage has a full scale
deflection, replace sending unit
(Para 4-11, 7-79, 7-80 or 7-81).
(4) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(5) Connect sending wire on suspect
(6) Install instrument panel and
sunshield with ten screws.
(7) Install cab engine access panel
GAGE OPERATION TEST
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags,
bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact
positive electrical circuits, a direct short
may result. Damage to equipment, injury or
death to personnel may occur.