(1) Remove work light from bracket.
(2) Disconnect connector MC79 (RH) or
MC54 (LH) from work light.
(3) Carefully pry lamp from work light.
(4) Disconnect wires from lamp.
(5) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(6) Is continuity measured across work
(a) If there is no continuity, replace
lamp (Para 7-55).
(b) If there is continuity, lamp is OK.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Remove splice cap from switch wire and
internal power wire.
(2) Is there continuity measured between
work light terminal A and internal
power wire at wire nut?
(a) If there is no continuity, repair
internal power wire 1040B (see
schematic Fig 2-27) or notify DS
(b) If there is continuity, internal
power wire 1040B is OK.
(3) Install splice on internal power wire.