(1) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(2) Is continuity measured on wire 1435
between relay R4 terminal 86 and
(a) If there is no continuity, repair wire
1435 between relay R4,
terminal 86 and a known good
ground (see schematic Fig 2-27)
or notify DS Maintenance.
(b) If there is continuity, wire 1435 is
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.
Circuit breakers CB5, CB6, CB12, CB20, CB22, CB23 and relays R3, R13, R19, R26, R28, R32, R33 are
always electrically hot and can cause severe injury to personnel. Care must be exercised when working
under the elctrical circuit board cover.
(1) Set multimeter select switch to volts
(2) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to wire 1040B at relay R4, terminal 87.
(3) Connect negative () multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(4) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(5) Turn on worklight switch.
(a) If 10 to 14 vdc are not present,
replace relay R4 (Para 7-95).
(b) If 10 to 14 vdc are present, relay
R4 is OK.
(6) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(7) Turn off worklight switch.
(8) Push relay R4 completely into socket.
(9) Install two ECB covers and 15 screws.
Relay tests must be performed with relay