(1) Remove ten screws and sunshield
from instrument panel.
(2) Pull top of instrument panel towards
(3) Disconnect work light switch
(4) Set multimeter select switch to volts
(5) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to work light switch, terminal 5.
(6) Connect negative () multimeter
lead to a known good ground.
(7) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(a) If 10 to 14 vdc are not present,
turn OFF ENGINE switch and
repair wire 1292 (see schematic
Fig 2-27) or notify DS
(b) If 10 to 14 vdc are present,
wire 1292 is OK.
(8) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(2) Is continuity measured between work
light switch terminals 1 and 5?
(a) If there is no continuity, replace
switch (Para 7-27).
(b) If there is continuity, work light
switch is OK.
(3) Connect work light switch connector.
(4) Install instrument panel and
sunshield with ten screws.