(1) Remove ten screws and sunshield
from instrument panel.
(2) Pull top of instrument panel towards
(3) Set multimeter select switch to
(4) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to wire 1276 at rheostat switch.
(5) Connect negative () multimeter
lead to a known good ground.
(6) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(a) If 10 to 14 vdc are not present,
turn OFF ENGINE switch and
repair wire 1276 between
rheostat and first splice in wire to
connector MC4, terminal P (see
schematic Fig 2-28 and FO 1) or
notify DS Maintenance.
(b) If 10 to 14 vdc are present,
wire 1276 is OK.
(7) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.