(1) Disconnect wire 1153 from dome light.
(2) Set multimeter select switch to volts
(3) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to wire 1153 at dome light.
(4) Connect negative () multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(5) Turn on dome light switch
(6) Turn ON ENGINE switch.
(a) If 10 to 14 vdc are not present,
perform Steps (7) through (9)
below and go to Step 4 of this
(b) If 10 to 14 vdc are present,
perform Steps (7) through (9) and
go to Step 3 of this Fault.
(7) Turn off dome light switch.
(8) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(9) Connect wire 1153 to dome light.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Disconnect wire 1435 from dome light.
(2) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(3) Is there continuity measured between
wire 1435 and a known good ground?
(a) If there is no continuity, repair
wire 1435 (see schematic
Fig 2-29) or notify DS
(b) If there is continuity, wire 1435
(4) Connect wire 1435 to domelight.
(5) Install dome light lamp.
(6) Install two screws and dome light lens