(1) Remove ten screws and
sunshield from instrument panel.
(2) Pull top of instrument panel
towards steering wheel.
(3) Disconnect dome light switch
(4) Set multimeter select switch to
(5) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to wire 1189 at dome light switch
connector, terminal 5.
(6) Connect negative () multimeter
lead to a known good ground.
(7) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(a) If 10 to 14 vdc are not present,
perform Steps (8) and (9) below
and repair wire 1189 (see
schematic Fig 2-29) or notify DS
(b) If 10 to 14 vdc are present,
wire 1189 is OK.
(8) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(2) Turn on dome light switch.
(3) Is continuity measured on dome light
switch between terminal 5 and
(a) If there is no continuity, replace
dome light switch (Para 7-27).
(b) If there is continuity, repair
wire 1153 (see schematic
Fig 2-29) or notify DS
(4) Connect dome light switch connector.
(5) Install instrument panel and
sunshield with ten screws.