(1) Remove three screws and headlight
(2) Remove headlight lamp.
(3) Disconnect wires 17, 18 and 91 at
(4) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(5) Is there continuity across headlight
lamp measured between connectors
on wires 18 and 91?
(a) If there is no continuity, replace
headlight lamp (Para 7-45).
(b) If there is continuity, headlight
lamp is OK.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Set multimeter select switch to volts
(2) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to wire 1006.
(3) Connect negative () multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(4) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(5) Turn on headlight switch.
(a) If 10 to 14 vdc are not present,
perform Steps (6) and (7) below
and repair wire 1006 (see
schematic Fig 2-31) or notify DS
(b) If 10 to 14 vdc are present, wire
1006 is OK.
(6) Turn off headlight switch.
(7) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.