(1) Remove three screws and headlight
(2) Remove headlight lamp.
(3) Disconnect wires 17, 18 and 91 at
(4) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(5) Is continuity measured between
wire 1435, ground terminal and a
known good ground?
(a) If there is no continuity, repair
wire 1435 (see schematic
Fig 2-31) or notify DS
(b) If there is continuity, wire 1435 is
(6) Connect headlight wires 17, 18
(7) Install headlight lamp.
(8) Install headlight retaining ring and
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.