(1) Remove ten screws and sunshield
from instrument panel.
(2) Pull top of instrument panel towards
(3) Disconnect headlight switch
(4) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to wire 1292 at headlight switch,
(5) Connect negative () multimeter
lead to a known good ground.
(6) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(a) If 10 to 14 vdc are not present,
turn OFF ENGINE switch and
repair wire 1292 between
headlight switch and first splice
to connector MC2, terminal Q
(see schematic Fig 2-31 and
FO 1) or notify DS Maintenance.
(b) If 10 to 14 vdc are present,
wire 1292 is OK.
(7) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Turn on headlight switch
(2) Set multimeter select switch to
(3) Is continuity measured between
headlight switch, terminal 1 and
(a) If there is no continuity, replace
headlight switch (Para 7-27).
(b) If there is continuity, turn off
headlight switch and repair wire
1049 between headlight switch
and headlights relay R1 (see
schematic Fig 2-31) or notify DS
(4) Turn off headlight switch.
(5) Connect headlight switch connector.
(6) Install instrument panel and
sunshield with ten screws.
(7) Install 15 screws and two ECB