(1) Remove ten screws and sunshield
from instrument panel.
(2) Pull top of instrument panel towards
(3) Disconnect connector MC91.
(4) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to wire 1017 at harness connector
MC91, terminal A.
(5) Connect negative () multimeter
lead to a known good ground.
(6) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(7) Turn on headlight switch.
(a) If 10 to 14 vdc are not present,
perform Steps (8) and (9) below
and repair wire 1017 (see
schematic Fig 2-31) or notify DS
(b) If 10 to 14 vdc are present,
wire 1017 is OK.
(8) Turn off headlight switch.
(9) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags,
bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact
positive electrical circuits, a direct short
may result. Damage to equipment, injury or
death to personnel may occur.
(1) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(2) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to wire 1017A at dimmer switch
connector MC91, terminal B.
(3) Connect negative () multimeter lead
to wire 1017 at dimmer switch
connector MC91, terminal A.
(a) If there is no continuity, replace
dimmer switch (Para 7-35).
(b) If there is continuity, dimmer
switch is OK.
(4) Connect connector MC91.
(5) Install instrument panel and
sunshield with ten screws.