(1) Remove 15 screws and two ECB
(2) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to wire 1017A at dimmer relay R5,
(3) Connect negative () multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(4) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(5) Turn on headlight switch.
(a) If 10 to 14 vdc are not present,
perform Steps (6) and (7) below
and repair wire 1017A (see
schematic Fig 2-31) or notify DS
(b) If 10 to 14 vdc are present, wire
1017A is OK.
(6) Turn off headlight switch.
(7) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.
Circuit breakers CB5, CB6, CB12, CB20, CB22, CB23 and relays R3, R13 - R19, R26, R28, R32, R33
are always electrically hot and can cause severe injury to personnel. Care must be exercised when
working under the electrical circuit board cover.
(1) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(2) Is continuity measured on wire 1435
between dimmer relay R5, terminal 85
and a known good ground?
(a) If there is no continuity, repair wire
1435 (see schematic Fig 2-31) or
notify DS Maintenance.
(b) If there is continuity, wire 1435 is
Relay tests must be performed with relay