(1) Loosen six screws and remove
composite light cover, preformed
packing and taillight lamp. Discard
(2) Remove taillight lamp (Para 7-47).
(3) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(4) Is there continuity across taillight
(a) If there is no continuity, replace
(b) If there is continuity lamp is OK,
go to Step 3 of this Fault.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Disconnect wire 1008 from taillight
(2) Set multimeter select switch to volts
(3) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to wire 1008.
(4) Connect negative () multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(5) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(6) Turn on headlight switch.
(a) If there are not 10 to 14 vdc
present, perform Steps (7) and (8)
below and repair wire 1008 (see
schematic Fig 2-32) or notify
(b) If there are 10 to 14 vdc present,
wire 1008 to first splice is OK.
(7) Turn off headlight switch.
(8) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.