(1) Remove ten screws and sunshield
from instrument panel.
(2) Pull top of instrument panel
towards steering wheel.
(3) Disconnect headlight switch
(4) Set multimeter select switch to volts
(5) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to wire 1292 at headlight switch
connector, terminal 2.
(6) Connect negative () multimeter
lead to a known good ground.
(7) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(8) Turn on headlight switch.
(a) If 10 to 14 vdc are not present,
perform Steps (9) and (10)
below and repair wire 1292
(see schematic Fig 2-31) or notify
(b) If there are 10 to 14 vdc present,
wire 1292 is OK.
(9) Turn off headlight switch.
(10) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(2) Set headlight switch in the center
(3) Is there continuity between terminals
2 and 6 on headlight switch?
(a) If there is no continuity, replace
headlight switch (Para 7-27).
(b) If there is continuity, repair
wire 1008 (see schematic
Fig 2-31) or notify DS
(4) Connect headlight switch connector.
(5) Install instrument panel and
sunshield with ten screws.