(1) Disconnect wire 1008 from wire 1491.
(2) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to wire 1008.
(3) Connect negative () multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(4) Set multimeter select switch to volts
(5) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(6) Set headlight switch to marker
(a) If there are not 10 to 14 vdc
present, perform Steps (7) and (8)
below and repair wire 1008 (see
schematic Fig 2-34) or notify DS
(b) If there are 10 to 14 vdc,
wire 1008 is OK.
(7) Turn off headlight switch.
(8) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.