(1) Set multimeter select switch to
(2) Is there continuity between
socket ground contact and a known
If there is no continuity, replace
composite light (Para 7-46).
If there is continuity, socket
ground is OK.
(3) Connect wire 1008 to 1491.
(4) Set multimeter selector switch to
(5) Connect positive (+) multimeter
lead to socket power contact.
(6) Connect negative () multimeter
lead to a known good ground.
(7) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(8) Set headlight switch to marker
If there are not 10 to 14 vdc,
replace front composite light
If there are 10 to 14 vdc, parking
light is OK.
(9) Turn off headlight switch.
(10) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(11) Install performed packing, lamp
and composite light cover and
tighten five screws.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(2) Set headlight switch to marker
(a) If parking lights do not operate,
fault not corrected. Perform
Steps (3) and (4) below and notify
(b) If parking lights operate, fault
has been corrected.
(3) Turn OFF headlight switch.
(4) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.