(1) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(2) Remove two screws, lens and lamp.
(3) Is there continuity across side marker
(a) If there is no continuity, replace
lamp and install lens and two
(b) If there is continuity,
go to Step 3 of this Fault.
(4) Remove two screws and lens.
(5) Remove screw and white ground
(6) Remove LED and disconnect
(7) Connect side marker light lead to a
known good 12 vdc source and
white ground wire to a known good
(8) Check LED for illumination.
(a) If LED is not illuminated, replace
LED, connect white ground wire
and screw, connect wire 1012
and install LED, lens and two
(b) If LED is illuminated, go to
Step 4 of this Fault.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.
Lower lamp is side marker light, upper
lamp is turn signal.
Perform steps (1) through (3) for side
marker lamp or steps (4) through (8)
for side marker LED.