(1) Remove ten screws and
sunshield from instrument panel.
(2) Pull top of instrument panel towards
(3) Disconnect wire 1016 from
(4) Disconnect connector MC92.
(5) Set multimeter select switch to
(6) Is continuity measured on wire 1016
between horn connector MC92,
terminal A and horn button?
(a) If there is no continuity, repair
wire 1016 (see schematic
Fig 2-36) or notify DS
(b) If continuity is measured,
wire 1016 is OK.
(7) Connect wire 1016 to horn button.
(8) Install horn button.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags,
bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact
positive elecrical circuits, a direct short
may result. Damage to equipment, injury or
death to personnel may occur.