(1) Remove ten screws and sunshield
from instrument panel.
(2) Pull top of instrument panel towards
(3) Remove windshield washer switch
(4) Set multimeter select switch to
(5) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to wire 1314 at windshield washer
switch, terminal 5.
(6) Connect negative () multimeter
lead to a known good ground.
(7) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(8) Turn on windshield washer switch.
(a) If 10 to 14 vdc are not present,
turn OFF ENGINE switch and
repair wire 1314 (see schematic
Fig 2-37) or notify DS
(b) If 10 to 14 vdc are present,
wire 1314 is OK.
(9) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(2) Press and hold windshield washer
(3) Is there continuity between
windshield washer switch,
terminals 1 and 5?
(a) If there is no continuity,
replace windshield washer
switch (Para 7-27).
(b) If there is continuity, windshield
washer switch is OK.
(4) Install windshield washer switch.
(5) Install instrument panel and
sunshield with ten screws.