(1) Remove ten screws and sunshield
from instrument panel.
(2) Pull top of instrument panel towards
(3) Disconnect windshield wiper motor
(4) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to wire 1919 at connector MC5,
(5) Connect negative () multimeter
lead to a known good ground.
(6) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(a) If 10 to 14 vdc are not present,
turn OFF ENGINE switch and
repair wire 1919 (see schematic
Fig 2-37) or notify DS
(b) If 10 to 14 vdc are present,
wire 1919 is OK.
(7) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.