(1) Remove ten screws and sunshield
from instrument panel.
(2) Pull top of instrument panel towards
(3) Disconnect connector MC5.
(4) Set multimeter selector switch to
(5) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(6) Set windshield wipers switch to
(7) Connect positive (+) multimeter
lead to wire 1917 at harness
connector MC5, terminal E.
(8) Connect negative () multimeter
lead to a known good ground.
(a) If 10 to 14 vdc are not present,
perform Steps (9) and (10) below
and go to Step 2 of this Fault.
(b) If 10 to 14 vdc are present,
replace windshield wiper motor
(9) Set windshield wipers switch to
(10) Turn OFF ENGINE switch
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.