(1) Remove eight screws, lockwashers,
washers and left side noise
panel. Discard lockwashers.
(2) Remove left side rocker cover
(3) Disconnect two connectors from
(4) Set multimeter select switch
(5) Is there continuity between
harness end connector and
engine brake end connectors of
engine brake harness?
If there is no continuity, replace
engine brake harness
If there is continuity, engine
brake harness is OK. Fault not
corrected. Notify DS
(6) Connect two connectors to engine
(7) Connect wire 1716 to engine brake
(8) Install left side rocker cover
(9) Install left side noise panel, eight
washers, lockwashers and screws.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.
Allow engine to cool before performing troubleshooting maintenance. If necessary use insulated pads
and gloves. Hot engine components will burn and cause injury to personnel.