(1) Remove ten screws and sunshield
from instrument panel.
(2) Pull top of instrument panel towards
(3) Remove engine brake switch.
(4) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to wire 1712 at engine brake switch
connector, terminal 2.
(5) Connect negative () multimeter
lead to a known good ground.
(6) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(a) If 10 to 14 vdc are not present,
turn OFF ENGINE switch and
repair wire 1712 (schematic
Fig 2-38) or notify DS
(b) If 10 to 14 vdc are present,
wire 1712 is OK.
(7) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(2) Set engine brake switch to low
(3) Is there continuity between engine
brake switch terminals 2 and 8?
(a) If there is no continuity,
replace engine brake switch
(Para 7-27) perform Step (5)
(b) If there is continuity, engine brake
switch is OK.
(4) Install engine brake switch.
(5) Install instrument panel and
sunshield with ten screws.