(1) Remove right side rocker cover
(2) Disconnect three connectors from
(3) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(4) Is there continuity between
harness end connector and
engine brake end connector of
engine brake harness?
(a) If there is no continuity, replace
engine brake harness
(b) If there is continuity, engine brake
harness is OK. Notify DS
(5) Repeat Step (4) above for remaining
engine brake harness leads.
(6) Reconnect engine brake end
(7) Connect wire 1715 to engine brake
(8) Install right rocker cover (Para 3-5).
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.