(1) Disassemble shift selector
(2) Remove panel lamp.
(3) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(4) Is continuity measured across
(a) If there is no continuity, replace
panel lamp (Para 8-2).
(b) If there is continuity, replace
ATEC shift selector circuit board
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Remove four screws and disconnect
connector MC12 from shift selector.
(2) Set multimeter select switch to
(3) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to wire 233 at connector MC12,
(4) Connect negative () multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(5) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(a) If 10 to 14 vdc are not present,
turn OFF ENGINE switch and
repair wire 233 (see schematic
Fig 2-20) or notify DS
(b) If 10 to 14 vdc are present,
wire 233 is OK.
(6) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.