(1) Set multimeter select switch to
(2) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to wire 1276 contact of TRANS
CHECK light socket.
(3) Connect negative () multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(4) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(a) If 10 to 14 vdc are not present,
turn OFF ENGINE switch and
repair wire 1276 (see schematic
Fig 2-41) or notify DS
(b) If 10 to 14 vdc are present,
TRANS CHECK light connector
(5) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(2) is continuity measured from TRANS
CHECK light connector wire 1409 to a
known good ground?
(a) If there is no continuity, go to
Step 4 of this Fault.
(b) If there is continuity, go to Step 6
of this Fault.