(1) Remove terminal B and wire 104 from
module side of connector MC36.
(2) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to connector MC36, terminal B.
(3) Connect negative () multimeter lead
to known good ground.
(4) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(5) Fully apply throttle and observe
(a) If 5.0 to 5.8 vdc are not present,
perform Steps (6) through (9)
below and .replace throttle
position control module (Para 7-98).
(b) If 5.0 to 5.8 vdc are present,
perform Steps (6) through (8)
below and replace ATEC ECU
(6) Release throttle.
(7) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(8) Install wire 104 in terminal B of
module connector MC36.
(9) Install two ECB covers and 15 screws.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.
Voltage is always present at circuit breakers CB5, CB6, CB12, CB20, CB22, CB23 and relays R3,
R13 - R19, R26, R28, R32, R33 and can cause severe injury to personnel. Non-metallic tools shall be
used when removing relays.