Wire 1344 splices into the green wire
which goes to connector MC22. If repair
of wire is required, it could be either the
1344 or green wire.
Tag and mark all wires prior to removal.
(1) Remove nut, lockwasher, wire 1344
and wire 1953 from field coil positive
(+) terminal. Discard lockwasher.
(2) Install jumperwire on wire 1344 and
a known good ground.
(3) Remove two screws, lockwashers,
washers and bracket. Discard
(4) Disconnect connector MC22 from
(5) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(6) Is there continuity measured on pin in
position 1 on connector MC22 and a
known good ground?
(a) If there is no continuity, repair wire
1344 (see schematic Fig 2-39) or
notify DS Maintenance.
(b) If there is continuity, wire 1344 is
(7) Connect connector MC22.
(8) Remove jumperwire.
(9) Install wires 1344 and 1953 on field
coil positive (+) terminal with lockwasher
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.
Terminal 1 and terminal 2 at DUVAC controller are electrically hot all of the time. Ensure bracket does
not contact either terminal. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.