(1) Remove battery box cover
(2) Set multimeter select switch to
(3) Connect multimeter one positive (+)
lead to positive (+) terminal and
multimeter one negative () lead
to negative () terminal on
group A batteries.
(4) Remove four screws, lockwashers,
washers and DUVAC cover.
(5) Set multimeter select switch to
(6) Connect multimeter two positive (+)
lead to terminal A of DUVAC
controller and multimeter two
() lead to negative ()
terminal of group A batteries.
(7) Start engine and turn on headlights
(8) Observe voltage indicated on
(a) If 13.8 - 14.2 vdc are not
present, adjust voltage
regulator (Para 7-7).
(b) If 13.8 - 14.2 vdc are present,
voltage regulator adjustment is
(9) Turn off heater, headlights and
(10) Install DUVAC cover with four
screws, lockwashers and washers.
(11) Install battery box cover.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.
Terminal 1 and terminal 2 at DUVAC controller are electrically hot all of the time. Ensure DUVAC cover
does not contact either terminal. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.
DUVAC controller resets to the 24 vdc charge
mode approximately every 55 seconds. Make
sure multimeter two reads 13-15 vdc indicating
the system is in the 12 vdc charge mode while
reading on multimeter one is taken.