(1) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(2) Listen to air chamber for operation
and air line 2923 for leaks while
assistant turns on TRANSFER CASE
(a) If air line 2923 leaks, perform
Steps (3) and (4) below, and
tighten fittings and/or replace
line (Para 12-36).
(b) If air chamber does not operate,
perform Steps (3) and (4) below
and replace air chamber
(c) If air chamber operates, perform
Steps (3) and(4) below and notify
(3) Turn off TRANSFER CASE LOCKUP
(4) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Remove six screws and tilt ECB side
(2) Remove TRANSFER CASE LOCKUP
(3) Disconnect connector from
TRANSFER CASE LOCKUP switch.
(4) Set multimeter select switch to
(5) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to wire 1534 at connector, terminal 5.
(6) Connect negative () multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(7) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(a) If 10 to 14 vdc are not present,
turn OFF ENGINE switch and
repair wire 1534 (see schematic
Fig 2-42) or notify DS
(b) If 10 to 14 vdc are present,
wire 1534 is OK.
(8) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.