(1) Remove locknuts, six screws and
glove box. Discard locknuts.
(2) Disconnect air line 2612 from input
side of cab air manifold.
(3) Connect a 0 to 160 psi (0-1103 kPa)
gage to air line 2612.
(4) Release PARKING BRAKE
(a) If there are not 125 ±4 psi (861
±28 kPa) present at air line
2612, perform Steps (5) and (6)
below and replace dash
manifold valve (Para 12-37).
(b) If there are 125 ±4 psi (861 ±28
kPa) present at air line 2612,
dash manifold valve is OK.
(5) Apply PARKING BRAKE.
(6) Remove gage and connect air line
2612 to cab air manifold.
(7) Install glove box, six screws and
DASH MANIFOLD VALVE TEST
Wear safety goggles when performing leakage tests on valves. Failure to do so may result in serious
eye injury due to high pressure air.
Truck must be on level ground and wheels
must be chocked before parking brake is
released. Otherwise, truck may roll and
cause injury to personnel.