(1) Disconnect air line 2622 from spring
(2) Connect a 0 to 160 psi (0 to 1103 kPa)
gage to spring brake valve.
(3) Have assistant release PARKING
BRAKE (TM 9-2320-364-10).
(a) If there are not 125 ±4 psi (861
±28 kPa) present at spring
valves, perform Steps (4) and (5)
below and replace spring
brake valve (Para 12-18).
(b) If there are 125 ±4 psi (861
±28 kPa) present, spring brake
valve is OK.
(4) Apply PARKING BRAKE.
(5) Remove gage and connect air line
2622 to spring brake valve.
If air lines are under high pressure when they are
disconnected, they can whip around and cause
injury to personnel. Caution should be
exercised when loosening or disconnecting air
Wear safety goggles when performing leakage
tests on valves. Failure to do so may result
in serious eye injury due to high pressure air.
Truck must be on level ground and wheels must
be chocked before parking brake is released.
Otherwise, truck may roll and cause injury
Release PARKING BRAKE
(1) If parking brakes on Axles No. 3
through No. 5 do not release, fault
not corrected. Perform Step (3)
below and notify DS Maintenance.
(2) If parking brakes on Axles No. 3
through No. 5 release, fault has
(3) Place LHS in transit position.