(1) Disconnect connector from
(2) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to wire 1744 at WINCH/CRANE
switch connector, terminal 5.
(3) Connect negative () multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(4) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(5) Set hydraulic selector switch to
(a) If 22 to 28 vdc are not present,
perform Steps (6) and (7)
below and repair wire 1744 (see
schematic Fig 2-52) or notify DS
(b) If 22 to 28 vdc are present,
wire 1744 is OK.
(6) Set hydraulic selector switch to OFF
(7) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.
Connectors are removed by gently prying
up on tabs.