(1) Remove axle No. 5 steering shaft
(2) Remove gear box steering shaft
(3) Check steering shafts for damage.
(a) If steering shafts and/or U-joints
are damaged, replace the shafts
and/or U-joints (Para 14-9 and
(b) If steering shafts and U-joints are
free of damage, go to Step (4)
(4) Install axle No. 5 and gear box
steering shafts (Para 14-9 and 14-10).
(1) Start engine (TM 9-2320-364-10).
(2) Check steering while truck is moving
at greater than 25 mph.
(a) If truck will not steer correctly, fault
not corrected. Turn OFF ENGINE
switch and notify DS
(b) If truck is not hard to steer, fault
has been corrected.
(3) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.