Wear safety goggles when performing leakage tests on valves. Failure to do so may result in serious
eye injury due to high pressure air.
Exercise extreme caution when working around wheels or under truck while engine is operating.
Movement of truck may cause injury or death to personnel.
(1) Remove valve cap from any valve
stem on Axles No. 3 through No. 5.
(2) Using tire gage, deflate any one tire on
Axles No. 3 through No. 5 to 40 psi
(3) Start engine (TM 9-2320-364-10).
(4) Set CTIS controller selector to
(5) Press CTIS START button.
(6) Check CTIS air lines listed below for
damage, crimps or leaks (see schematic
(a) If air lines are damaged, crimped or
leaking, perform Steps (7) and (8)
below, tighten fittings, replace air
lines (Para 13-6, 12-36 and
schematic Fig 2-49).
(b) If there are no leaks, crimps or
damage, air lines and fittings are OK.
(7) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(8) Install valve cap on valve stem.
Tires must be deflated to 60 psi (414 kPa) or
less to perform this test.