Table 2-50. CTIS Volts Versus Pressure (PSI)
(1) Remove pressure transducer
(2) Connect pressure transducer to
variable air pressure supply
0 to 75 psi (0 to 517 kPa).
(3) Connect pressure transducer
connector to transducer.
(4) Using tire gage, deflate any one tire
on Axles No. 3 through No. 5 to less
than 40 psi (276 kPa).
(5) Set multimeter select switch to
(6) Insert positive (+) multimeter
lead, with long probe installed,
at white wire 1066 in back
of connector MC64, terminal 7.
(7) Connect negative () multimeter
lead to ground braid on rear
(8) Set CTIS controller switch to
(9) While assistant turns ON ENGINE
switch and pushes CTIS START
button, observe voltage reading at
each pressure specified in
If voltage readings do
not agree, turn OFF ENGINE
switch and go to Step 6 of this
Fault. Perform step (11).
If voltage readings agree,
pressure transducer and front
manifold are OK.
(10) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(11) Disconnect lead from back of
(12) Disconnect pressure transducer
connector from transducer.
(13) Remove pressure transducer from
variable air pressure supply.
(14) Install pressure transducer in
rear manifold (Para 13-10).
(15) Install rear manifold cover
(16) Put LHS in transit position.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.
Wear safety goggles when performing leakage tests on valves. Failure to do so may result in serious
eye injury due to high pressure air.
(Plus/Minus 0.2 volts)