(1) Remove valve cap from any wheel valve
stem on Axles No. 3 through No. 5.
(2) Using tire gage, deflate any one tire on
Axles No. 3 through No. 5 to 40 psi
(3) Start engine (TM 9-2320-364-10).
(4) Set CTIS controller selector to
(5) Press CTIS START button.
(6) Check CTIS rear manifold for
damage, or leaks.
(a) If rear manifold is damaged, or
leaking; perform Steps (7) and (8)
below, and repair or replace rear
manifold (Para 13-9 or 13-10).
(b) If there are no leaks, or
damage; rear manifold is OK.
(c) If rear manifold is leaking air out of
exhaust tube, go to Step 18 of this
(7) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(8) Install valve cap on wheel valve stem.
Wear safety goggles when performing
leakage tests on valves. Failure to do so
may result in serious eye injury due to
high pressure air.
Exercise extreme caution when working
around wheels or under truck while engine
is operating. Movement of truck may cause
injury or death to personnel.
Soap and water solution can be used
to visually check for leaks.
Tires must be deflated to 60 psi (414
kPa) or less to perform this test.